ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – United Way of Abilene officially kicked off their 2020 Campaign with a breakfast Wednesday morning.
The event took place at The Grace Museum Rooftop, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
The organization presented a total of $107,475 presented to 9 nonprofit partnerships during the kickoff event.
Campaign Chairs Joey Light, Marleyn Shedd, and Dr. Sara Trammell announced a $2.1 million goal for Campaign 2020.
Additionally, 16 organizations and businesses were recognized as Pacesetters for completing their campaigns prior to the formal United Way kickoff, and 6 businesses and organizations increased their campaign total by 20% or more.
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Record-breaking night for WTRC Telethon, over 1.5 million dollars raised
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan