ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – United Way of Abilene officially kicked off their 2020 Campaign with a breakfast Wednesday morning.
The event took place at The Grace Museum Rooftop, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
The organization presented a total of $107,475 presented to 9 nonprofit partnerships during the kickoff event.
Campaign Chairs Joey Light, Marleyn Shedd, and Dr. Sara Trammell announced a $2.1 million goal for Campaign 2020.
Additionally, 16 organizations and businesses were recognized as Pacesetters for completing their campaigns prior to the formal United Way kickoff, and 6 businesses and organizations increased their campaign total by 20% or more.
- Wylie cancels volleyball games due to confirmed Covid-19 case
- Cooper prepared to compete once again in 2020
- AHS finds positive takeaways from scrimmage with Wylie
- Cooper looks ready to go following scrimmage
- AHS preparing for start of the season