ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — After giving so much to those in need, the Abilene Salvation Army was on the receiving end on Tuesday.
The United Way awarded the Salvation Army a $20,000 check to help make repairs to their kitchen.
For nearly two months the Salvation Army has been relying on their food truck to prepare hot meals due to broken appliances.
“We just thank the community, like I said, the Salvation Army could not run without the support of the community, and this is a huge gift for us from the United Way, who has just seen that were in need and came to us,” Salvation Army’s Rachel McKain says.
The one-time grant will provide the necessary improvements to help continue Salvation Army’s mission of providing for Abilene.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021: Chilly and overcast today with a chance for showers
- Rainy with cooler weather today
- Wake-Up Weather: A cold morning with increasing clouds will make for a chilly and overcast afternoon with rain chances
- Feeding Texas, food banks work to end senior citizen hunger in Abilene
- AHS Eagles season ends at hands of Byron Nelson