ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The United Way of Abilene will be hosting a parade through some of the neighborhoods impacted by the May 2019 tornado.
May 18, 2019, is a day that will live in history for Abilene. An EF-2 tornado struck the city.
Abilene residents stepped up in full force, helping their neighbors recover from the tornado. More than $150,000 was raised, thanks to a partnership between the United Way of Abilene and the Community Foundation of Abilene.
The United Way of Abilene is now hosting a Honk Your Horn Parade set to begin on May 18 at 1:30 p.m. at the Pioneer Drive Baptist Church to celebrate the recovery of the neighborhoods affected.
The following is the parade route:
- Pioneer Drive Baptist Church, 701 S. Pioneer Drive
- Turn west on South Seventh Street
- Turn north on South Danville Drive
- Turn east on South Sixth Street
- Turn north on South San Jose Drive
- Turn east on Don Juan Street
- Turn north on South Leggett Drive
- Turn east on South First Street
- Turn south on Clyde Street
- Turn east on South Second Street
- 3125 S. Second St.
- Suspect identified in 2007 disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann
- Obama steps out as nation confronts confluence of crises
- Authorities investigating YouTuber, husband who gave up custody of adopted son with autism
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Story behind hopeful photo amid tense protests in Oklahoma City