ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The United Way of Abilene will be hosting a parade through some of the neighborhoods impacted by the May 2019 tornado.
May 18, 2019, is a day that will live in history for Abilene. An EF-2 tornado struck the city.
Abilene residents stepped up in full force, helping their neighbors recover from the tornado. More than $150,000 was raised, thanks to a partnership between the United Way of Abilene and the Community Foundation of Abilene.
The United Way of Abilene is now hosting a Honk Your Horn Parade set to begin on May 18 at 1:30 p.m. at the Pioneer Drive Baptist Church to celebrate the recovery of the neighborhoods affected.
The following is the parade route:
- Pioneer Drive Baptist Church, 701 S. Pioneer Drive
- Turn west on South Seventh Street
- Turn north on South Danville Drive
- Turn east on South Sixth Street
- Turn north on South San Jose Drive
- Turn east on Don Juan Street
- Turn north on South Leggett Drive
- Turn east on South First Street
- Turn south on Clyde Street
- Turn east on South Second Street
- 3125 S. Second St.
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20
- Chiefs advance after Browns’ comeback comes up short
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Time To Soak Up The Sunshine Before Tuesday.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking