ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — More than $2 million were raised last year for area nonprofits.
The United Way of Abilene announced that number during its annual luncheon Tuesday.
Officials also recapped the work done to help our neighbors in need after the May 18 tornado.
This was also the first year for the Winter Lightfest, which brought in $150,000.
At the end of Tuesday’s lunch, councilman and business owner Jack Rentz was named Volunteer of the Year.
- TLCA’s ‘Smart Start Week’ gives students, parents, & teachers preview of school protocol
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Mourners gather in Houston to remember slain soldier Vanessa Guillen
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’