ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — More than $2 million were raised last year for area nonprofits.
The United Way of Abilene announced that number during its annual luncheon Tuesday.
Officials also recapped the work done to help our neighbors in need after the May 18 tornado.
This was also the first year for the Winter Lightfest, which brought in $150,000.
At the end of Tuesday’s lunch, councilman and business owner Jack Rentz was named Volunteer of the Year.
- Abilene man born on Leap Day prepares for birthday celebration
- Girl’s Regional Semifinals Scores and Highlights
- Boy’s Area Round Scores and Highlights
- Organization raising money for Abilene boy with terminal disease
- Large grass fire rips through Hawley putting residents and their homes in danger