ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police have released more details on the incident on Interstate 20 where a person died Monday afternoon.
According to police, dispatch received a call at 4:19 p.m. about a person who had possibly jumped or fell off the overpass at FM 600 onto the westbound lanes of I-20.
The man, who is from Abilene, hit an 18-wheeler, and was later pronounced dead by the Justice of the Peace.
Police say a death investigation is ongoing, and that westbound traffic on I-20 is currently being rerouted.
- COVID-19 protocols in place as Taylor County Livestock Show kicks off
- 1,200 set to receive COVID-19 vaccine in Abilene Thursday and Friday
- Abilene ISD to use safe field trips and educational activities to provide sense of normalcy
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Golding focused on present with his team still competing in Southland Conference