ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police have released more details on the incident on Interstate 20 where a person died Monday afternoon.
According to police, dispatch received a call at 4:19 p.m. about a person who had possibly jumped or fell off the overpass at FM 600 onto the westbound lanes of I-20.
The man, who is from Abilene, hit an 18-wheeler, and was later pronounced dead by the Justice of the Peace.
Police say a death investigation is ongoing, and that westbound traffic on I-20 is currently being rerouted.
- Following 18-month investigation, Senate passes bill protecting Olympic athletes from abuse
- Babe: When camp isn’t camp
- ‘Afraid for my life’: Portland protesters testify before Congress
- US lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act