ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police have released more details on the incident on Interstate 20 where a person died Monday afternoon.
According to police, dispatch received a call at 4:19 p.m. about a person who had possibly jumped or fell off the overpass at FM 600 onto the westbound lanes of I-20.
The man, who is from Abilene, hit an 18-wheeler, and was later pronounced dead by the Justice of the Peace.
Police say a death investigation is ongoing, and that westbound traffic on I-20 is currently being rerouted.
- COVID-19 climbing among Taylor Co. kids, hospitalizations & new cases highest since January
- Day Nursery of Abilene receives $46K grant
- Hombre de honor atrae la atención viral al video de una novia de Abilene
- 2021 Jim Ned Indians are focus on this year, not the title in 2020
- Tokyo Olympics schedule: Cherry and Norman face off in 400-meter final on Day 13