ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene police have released more details on the incident on Interstate 20 where a person died Monday afternoon.
According to police, dispatch received a call at 4:19 p.m. about a person who had possibly jumped or fell off the overpass at FM 600 onto the westbound lanes of I-20.
The man, who is from Abilene, hit an 18-wheeler, and was later pronounced dead by the Justice of the Peace.
Police say a death investigation is ongoing, and that westbound traffic on I-20 is currently being rerouted.
- Watch 2022 Abilene graduations
- Woman seen punching flight attendant in video gets prison time
- TSTC utilizes augmented reality training for EMS program
- Starbucks sued by Nevada trooper who alleges iced coffee contained meth
- Giants’ Kapler won’t take field for national anthem: ‘I am not okay with the state of this country’