AUSTIN (KXAN) — A poll released by Public Policy Polling on Tuesday found Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden holds a 1-point lead over President Trump in Texas, 48-47, reflecting a broader trend of statewide polling in recent months.
The poll surveyed 764 registered voters on Aug. 21-22 following the Democratic National Convention. The results are within the margin of error of 3.6%.
“Texas Democrats have made monumental progress, but we know there’s much work to be done,” said Manny Garcia, executive director of the Texas Democratic Party. “We continue to register new Texans, organize our communities, and welcome all voters of conscience to the movement that will save this country.”
“Texas is the biggest battleground state,” Garcia said.
Trump is underwater in Texas, according to the poll, with 46% approving of the president’s work and 52% disapproving.
According to a presidential poll tracker by the Texas Politics Project, Biden has led Trump in six of the last nine statewide polls, which includes one tie.
- Gov. Abbott to share ‘exciting news’ at 1:30 p.m. press conference Tuesday
- Baird High School welding program receives $300,000 grant
- Let Us Breath Abilene hosts memorial service to close Black History Month
- US Supreme Court begins arguments in major voting rights case
- Books about strong women to read for Women’s History Month