WASHINGTON (Washington Post/KXAN) — According to the Washington Post, President Donald Trump will divert $7.2 billion from Pentagon funding to pay for the border wall.
The funding amount is five times what Congress authorized President Trump to spend in the 2020 budget, according to internal planning figures obtained by the Washington Post.
The funds would come from military construction projects and counternarcotics funding, the Post says. Plans say it’s enough money to construct 885 miles of new fencing, much more than the previously-approved 509 miles.
About 101 miles of the wall is built, much less than the 450-mile mark President Trump said he’d have done by 2020.
The border wall project’s price tag is now at $18.4 billion.
You can find a lot of stories every day from the border at BorderReport.com.
- High School Boys Basketball Scores and Highlights: January 21, 2020
- High School Girls Basketball Scores and Highlights: January 21, 2020
- Aumentan a 9 los muertos por nuevo coronavirus en China
- México comienza a regresar a migrantes a Honduras
- Former pastor continues to serve up kindness, gives back to homeless community