WASHINGTON (Washington Post/KXAN) — According to the Washington Post, President Donald Trump will divert $7.2 billion from Pentagon funding to pay for the border wall.
The funding amount is five times what Congress authorized President Trump to spend in the 2020 budget, according to internal planning figures obtained by the Washington Post.
The funds would come from military construction projects and counternarcotics funding, the Post says. Plans say it’s enough money to construct 885 miles of new fencing, much more than the previously-approved 509 miles.
About 101 miles of the wall is built, much less than the 450-mile mark President Trump said he’d have done by 2020.
The border wall project’s price tag is now at $18.4 billion.
You can find a lot of stories every day from the border at BorderReport.com.
- California pair charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural
- International student worried as ICE threatens to boot students with online-only university courses
- Coronavirus negatively impacting Taylor Co. budget
- DPS identifies 24-year-old woman killed in Sweetwater crash on Monday
- Cisco handyman lends helping hand anywhere he can