ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – President Donald Trump is not in Abilene – despite what social media rumors may suggest.
Wednesday night, following an evening of unrest as demonstrators surrounded and broke in to the nation’s capitol building, rumors began to surface on social media that President Trump had retreated to Abilene.
Social media users claim President Trump boarded a E-4b Command Post aircraft and flew into Abilene last night because Dyess AFB is home to a National Military Command Center.
However, it has been confirmed that President Trump was in Washington D.C. Thursday morning to take part in a private ceremony, awarding three golfers – Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player, and Babe Zaharias – with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
KTAB and KRBC did shoot footage of what Dyess AFB officials confirm to be an Air Force Global Strike Military Aircraft at the Abilene base Thursday morning.
It’s unknown if the plane has any affiliation with the White House, but KTAB and KRBC have reached out to Washington D.C. media contacts to get more information.
Some of the tweets contributing to the rumors can be found below:
- Special session in Texas raises expectations of voting fight
- 2nd person charged in connection with Texas boy’s death
- Family of slain Austin mass shooting victim has ‘no faith’ in investigation
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Mysterious disease blinding birds in several states, leaving them unable to fly