WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump criticized his Democratic rival’s vice presidential selection process, saying Tuesday that some men are “insulted” by Joe Biden’s decision to promise to select a woman as his running mate.
In an interview with Fox Sports Radio, Trump said, “I would be inclined to go a different route than what he’s done,” indicating that Biden “roped himself off into, you know, a certain group of people.”
Biden is expected to announce his running mate in the coming days ahead of next week’s Democratic National Convention. The United States has never had a female vice president, and the move comes four years after the country’s first female presidential nominee lost her White House bid.
Of Biden’s vow to choose a woman, Trump said, “Some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it’s fine.”
- Heroes recognized at Abilene Police Department for saving lives
- City of Abilene says new smart meters providing accurate reads
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Eagles happy to have their coach back
- Cooper offensive line is growing up and opening holes