ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Many braved the cold Saturday morning at Grover Nelson park for a very good reason.
The Abilene American Heart Association’s annual Heartwalk had visitors hearts beating toward a cure for cardiovascular disease.
“Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans both men and women.”Frann smith with the association lost her grandfather to a heart attack. “That’s where my passion comes from,” said Frann.
She wants to help others avoid similar health problems which can start with.
“15 minutes of walking a day can lower your risk immensely.”
Worried about the cold? Smith has a solution to that too.
“Walk inside the mall it’s nice and inside.”
Meaning there’s no excuse for not moving your feet for a healthier heartbeat.
- Coach Dorrel points out many positives after first game against UTEP
- Brownwood continues to improve in 2020, faces Wylie Friday
- Red Cross needs volunteers as hectic hurricane season and COVID-19 run resources thin
- Golf classic raising funds for Hospice of The Big Country
- Pop-up Grace Gala offers fun and art online