ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Many braved the cold Saturday morning at Grover Nelson park for a very good reason.
The Abilene American Heart Association’s annual Heartwalk had visitors hearts beating toward a cure for cardiovascular disease.
“Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans both men and women.”Frann smith with the association lost her grandfather to a heart attack. “That’s where my passion comes from,” said Frann.
She wants to help others avoid similar health problems which can start with.
“15 minutes of walking a day can lower your risk immensely.”
Worried about the cold? Smith has a solution to that too.
“Walk inside the mall it’s nice and inside.”
Meaning there’s no excuse for not moving your feet for a healthier heartbeat.
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Abilene
- Baker stays alive in Sanitizer Series with win in cornhole
- Texas sees nearly 2,000 more COVID-19 cases, 24 new deaths
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- US cities clean up, prepare for another night of unrest