ABILENE, Texas (BigCountryHomepage) – A local florist is celebrating 100 years in business. Former and present employees reunited with their long time clientele to celebrate Philpott Florist & Greenhouses.
The Philpott Florist was located at Sayles and S. 3rd before they moved to their new location. The business is now among the six oldest businesses in Abilene.
The Philpott’s daughter, Ruth, married Wylie Enmon Lovelady and ran the florist business for several years. It was later sold to a relative of her husband, Harriet Lovelady.
It is now owned by Ray Maddox who believes the attention provided to their customers is the reason for their long-lasting success.
- Times Square shooting: As NYC reopens, leaders, locals and tourists react
- Vaccine deserts: Some countries have no COVID-19 shots at all
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- Long suspected of murder, she confessed but avoided prison
- TSA screens 1.7 million travelers in a single day, highest number since beginning of coronavirus pandemic