ABILENE, Texas (BigCountryHomepage) – A local florist is celebrating 100 years in business. Former and present employees reunited with their long time clientele to celebrate Philpott Florist & Greenhouses.
The Philpott Florist was located at Sayles and S. 3rd before they moved to their new location. The business is now among the six oldest businesses in Abilene.
The Philpott’s daughter, Ruth, married Wylie Enmon Lovelady and ran the florist business for several years. It was later sold to a relative of her husband, Harriet Lovelady.
It is now owned by Ray Maddox who believes the attention provided to their customers is the reason for their long-lasting success.
- COVID-19 climbing among Taylor Co. kids, hospitalizations & new cases highest since January
- Day Nursery of Abilene receives $46K grant
- Hombre de honor atrae la atención viral al video de una novia de Abilene
- 2021 Jim Ned Indians are focus on this year, not the title in 2020
- Tokyo Olympics schedule: Cherry and Norman face off in 400-meter final on Day 13