ABILENE, Texas (BigCountryHomepage) – A local florist is celebrating 100 years in business. Former and present employees reunited with their long time clientele to celebrate Philpott Florist & Greenhouses.
The Philpott Florist was located at Sayles and S. 3rd before they moved to their new location. The business is now among the six oldest businesses in Abilene.
The Philpott’s daughter, Ruth, married Wylie Enmon Lovelady and ran the florist business for several years. It was later sold to a relative of her husband, Harriet Lovelady.
It is now owned by Ray Maddox who believes the attention provided to their customers is the reason for their long-lasting success.
- Live musical performances continue at Play Faire Park
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Saturday Evening Forecast: A Final September Cold Front.
- México envía bomberos para ayudar combatir incendios en California
- Texas health department reports 3,283 new coronavirus cases