ABILENE, Texas (BigCountryHomepage) – An Abilene brewery is raising awareness for autism and mental health. Pappy Slokum Brewery’s owner and head brewer Jeff Bell named their first seasonal beer, ‘RI’ LEE’S RED ALE,’ after his daughter who is on the autism spectrum.
“This beer is dedicated to all those people who are struggling to get up, struggling with depression, we have autism in our family, we have depression in our family, so it just seemed like the thing we had to do, and we know there are a lot of people out there who struggle,” said Jeff Bell.
The front of the beer displays a green ribbon representing mental health.
The side of the beer has a description of why they are producing this beer with words of encouragement.
The beer will be available in most local grocery stores by the end of the week.
- Day Nursery of Abilene receives $46K grant
- Hombre de honor atrae la atención viral al video de una novia de Abilene
- 2021 Jim Ned Indians are focus on this year, not the title in 2020
- Tokyo Olympics schedule: Cherry and Norman face off in 400-meter final on Day 13
- Hawley has players to replace, but confidence is high