HOUSTON (Houston Chronicle) — A 5-year-old boy and a woman have drowned in the backyard pool of former Los Angeles Dodgers player Carl Crawford’s Houston home.
The Houston Chronicle reports police were called about 2:40 p.m. Saturday for a reported drowning at a north Houston home that property and business records list as belonging to Crawford.
Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva tells the paper the boy was swimming in the pool when he began to have trouble breathing, and the woman jumped in to save him.
Both were later declared dead at a hospital.
No further details were immediately available.
Contact information for Crawford could not be immediately found.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Thursday Evening Forecast: Sunny Days Up Ahead As We Move Into the Month of June
- Taylor Telecom Arena is open for business
- When we played games… Clyde’s Bruton earned the 2017 Underclassman of the Year award
- ACU’s Colton Eager named all-Southland academic second team