FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities have arrested the mother of a suspect they say opened fire at a North Texas youth football game.
Fort Worth police say 39-year-old Chanita Nichole Holly called her son from Saturday’s game involving 8-year-old players, and that he later arrived and started shooting.
Police say a woman was struck in the leg and a girl was grazed in the back.
Holly was charged with making a terroristic threat after her arrest Monday night during a traffic stop.
Witnesses told police they heard an angry woman shouting that they were going to “spray” the crowd.
Holly couldn’t be reached for comment. Her son, who hasn’t been identified, hasn’t been arrested.
- Man found eaten by alligator actually died of meth overdose
- La policía de Abilene necesita identificar a un sospechoso acusado de robo a la biblioteca
- MLB, union agree to opioids testing; marijuana dropped from ‘drugs of abuse’ list
- 6 children have died of flu in 2019 in Texas
- Microsoft reveals Xbox Series X