ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Teachers in the Wylie Independent School District (WISD) will soon be getting a $100 stipend for cellphone and internet usage.
WISD Communications Director Jackie Powell says the Wylie School Board has approved the stipend for every teacher in the district to help offset costs they might incur by using their own cellphones and increased internet usage.
Approximately 350 teachers will be receiving the stipend in the June paycheck.
- Lawmakers divided on president’s comments on protesters
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- La policía pide a los residentes cercanos que evacuen tras la explosión en la planta de gas en Snyder
- Update: ‘All clear’ given after explosion at gas plant in Snyder
- AFD: los 49 bomberos que dieron positivo para COVID-19 se recuperaron