TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Randy Williams will continue his tenure as Taylor County Commissioner Precinct 1.
During primary elections Tuesday, Williams beat opponent Miles Owen 60% to 40%.
Williams told KTAB and KRBC he hoped to get reelected to finish the work he has been overseeing with his fellow commissioners for the past several years.
“I don’t think this is a time to have quote unquote ‘fresh eyes’ on something,” said Williams. “I think it’s a time we really need to have experienced people looking at these issues and figuring out how we’re going to try to address them.”
Click here to get the latest election results from around the Big Country.
- Saturday Weather Outlook: Heat Advisory for the Big Country with dangerously high temperatures. Heat Index values 105-109 degrees.
- Communities in Schools preparing for loss in funding despite increase in clients
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- Texas working to provide PPE to schools; allocate extra personnel for hospitals in need