AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Augusta National Golf Club has announced plans for limited patron attendance at this year’s Masters Golf Tournament.
The 85th Masters Tournament is scheduled for April 5th through 11th with efforts being made to follow health and safety standards to include a limited number of patrons.
“Following the successful conduct of the Masters Tournament last November with only essential personnel, we are confident in our ability to responsibly invite a limited number of patrons to Augusta National in April,” said Fred Ridley, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club. “As with the November Masters, we will implement practices and policies that will protect the health and safety of everyone in attendance. Nothing is, or will be, more important than the well-being of all involved. While we are disappointed that we will be unable to accommodate a full complement of patrons this year, we will continue our efforts to ensure that all who purchased tickets from Augusta National will have access in 2022, provided conditions improve.”
Chairman Ridley also announced that the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt Finals will be held as scheduled, with a limited number of patrons.
Augusta National is in the process of communicating with all ticket holders of record, and refunds
will be issued to those patrons not selected to attend.
MORE SPORTS COVERAGE:
- AHS swept, Cooper and Wylie split Tuesday
- HSU’s Schnabel is the ASC West Division Player of the Week
- McMurry’s Maldonado, Chacon sweep ASC Runner of the Week awards
- Joe Golding and Clay Gayman discuss elements of growth
- Chiefs and Buccaneers to face off in Super Bowl LV
- ACU bounces back in style with rout of Bears
- Miller wins it at the buzzer, ‘Cats get 10th win
- Men’s Basketball drops first of two against Cru, 94-66
- HSU Track Sets Record at Friends Univ.