ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A driver walked away after a rollover wreck in north Abilene, narrowly missing getting hit by a tree that went through his windshield.
The wreck happened on N 3rd Street and Graham Street around 8:33 a.m.
Police at the scene told KTAB and KRBC the driver lost control, hit a utility pole, then rolled into a tree.
Witnesses say they heard the crash then ran outside to find the driver crawling out of his cab.
The driver told these witnesses he was okay and that he was going to a family member’s house nearby.
He then walked away and never returned.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- U.S. Senators from Michigan ask Trump administration to ensure automatic stimulus checks for low-income veterans and other groups
- Ohio man builds “lumber jacked gym” after his gym closes due to COVID-19 shutdown
- Tiger at NY Bronx Zoo tests positive for COVID-19
- City of Abilene reports 4 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, total now 31
- First responders taking precautions to prevent COVID-19 spreading