ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A driver walked away after a rollover wreck in north Abilene, narrowly missing getting hit by a tree that went through his windshield.
The wreck happened on N 3rd Street and Graham Street around 8:33 a.m.
Police at the scene told KTAB and KRBC the driver lost control, hit a utility pole, then rolled into a tree.
Witnesses say they heard the crash then ran outside to find the driver crawling out of his cab.
The driver told these witnesses he was okay and that he was going to a family member’s house nearby.
He then walked away and never returned.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- TLCA’s ‘Smart Start Week’ gives students, parents, & teachers preview of school protocol
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Mourners gather in Houston to remember slain soldier Vanessa Guillen
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’