TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A man was killed in a wreck on I-20 in Taylor County due to winter weather road conditions.
Jorge Juarez, 36, of Dallas, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on I-20 just west of Merkel around noon Tuesday, according to a press release from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The press release states Juarez lost control of his vehicle on the wet/slushy road, crossed the median, and a hit another vehicle towing a trailer.
No one else involved in the crash was injured.
- Abortion ‘restrictions, bans make safe procedure unsafe’
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Cowgirls ranked nationally to end season, three members ranked regionally
- UIL votes down shot clocks; AHS’s Reese wants to add the shot clock
- HSU Cowboys end year nationally ranked, four athletes regionally ranked