SCURRY COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A slingshot motorcycle rider was killed in Scurry County during a wet road wreck Wednesday evening.
Charles Surgin Gardner, 48, of Glenn Heights, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on US 180 just 5 miles west of Snyder around 6:15 p.m., according to a crash report from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The crash report states Gardner’s Polaris Slingshot motorcycle hydroplaned when it encountered wet roads then slid off the highway, through a ditch, and into a fence.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are still working to find the exact cause of this fatal crash.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Does Kamala Harris help Joe Biden in Texas?
- Abilene 2020 Beer Summit canceled amid pandemic
- The best cities for saving money in the U.S.
- Big 12 moves ahead with fall sports beginning in September
- Outcry over bill that would allow child marriage in Somalia