TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A driver was hospitalized after her vehicle rolled off Interstate 20 in Merkel then landed in a creek Wednesday morning.
The crash happened near mile marker 269 just before 11:00 a.m.
Police at the scene told KTAB and KRBC the woman hit a guardrail then lost control, causing her vehicle to fly off the highway then roll into a creek below.
There was not a lot of water in the creek, but scanner traffic indicated she was trapped in her vehicle for at least a little while.
She was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was involved.
Investigators are still working to determine the exact cause of this crash.
- Doctor says Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog
- BLM confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead
- Abilene’s hospital area surpasses 15% threshold for COVID-19 patients, ICUs remains full
- Virginia ‘porch pirate’ dressed as Amazon employee