TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A driver was hospitalized after her vehicle rolled off Interstate 20 in Merkel then landed in a creek Wednesday morning.
The crash happened near mile marker 269 just before 11:00 a.m.
Police at the scene told KTAB and KRBC the woman hit a guardrail then lost control, causing her vehicle to fly off the highway then roll into a creek below.
There was not a lot of water in the creek, but scanner traffic indicated she was trapped in her vehicle for at least a little while.
She was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was involved.
Investigators are still working to determine the exact cause of this crash.
- Does Kamala Harris help Joe Biden in Texas?
- Abilene 2020 Beer Summit canceled amid pandemic
- The best cities for saving money in the U.S.
- Big 12 moves ahead with fall sports beginning in September
- Outcry over bill that would allow child marriage in Somalia