(KTAB/KRBC) – A tornado supercell made 7 touch downs across the Big Country overnight.
Taylor, Jones, and Shackelford Counties were impacted by tornadoes at the following times and locations, according to the National Weather Service:
- 1:15 a.m. – 6 miles south of Merkel near CR 360
- 1:27 a.m. – Tornado reported a mile east of Tye
- 1:34 a.m. – 2nd tornado reported near Tye in the Ryster Park area by Dyess Air Force Base
- 1:38 a.m. – Tornado reported in Impact northwest of Abilene
- 1:47 a.m. – Tornado reported in Hamby/Jones County area near Abilene prison units
- 1:50 a.m. – Tornado reported northwest of Hamby near CR 152
- 2:14 a.m. – Tornado reported in Albany
No injuries have been reported in connected to these tornadoes, and most damage, especially to structures, was not extensive.
However, at least one home in Tye has been destroyed.
BigCountryHomepage will update this story if additional information is released.
- ACU men and women sweep SLU at home
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Sunny with a Few Passing Showers.
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Small group of protesters gather outside of closed, guarded Texas Capitol on Saturday