FORT PIERCE, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) — Hurricane Dorian provided an officer’s family with a new furry friend when the 6-week-old puppy wasn’t strong enough to be left in a shelter for Hurricane Dorian.
Officers from the Fort Pierce Police Department responded to a call of a woman who said she couldn’t take care of her Brindle Pittie. The puppy apparently wasn’t old or strong enough to be left in a shelter cage until Dorian was gone.
Officer Michel Jean showed the puppy to his family over Facetime, who were in a unanimous agreement that they had to take it in.
The family named the dog “Dory” in honor of the Hurricane that brought them together.
- Tour de Gap 2020 canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- Telemundo Abilínea – 3 de julio, 2020
- The Westex Connect Firework Show planning to stand alone this year
- How Texans behave on July Fourth will shape the next phase of the state’s coronavirus epidemic
- Friday, July 3: Sunny, dry, and hot this weekend