Friday Afternoon: A 40% chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the Big Country and a 60% chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the Heartland. The main hazards with any developing storms will be dangerous cloud to ground lightning, gusty winds and heavy downpours, which could lead to localized flooding. Highs will top out at 86-88 degrees, and cooler in areas with significant rainfall.
Friday Evening: Scattered showers and thunderstorms could develop on outflow boundaries from storms earlier in the afternoon. This will help develop a few showers and storms in northern parts of the Big Country. Winds will be out of the South Southeast at 5-10 mph. It will be cloudy and muggy for areas missing out on the rain. Overnight lows will be 68-70 degrees.
Saturday Morning: Skies will be mostly cloudy and it will be muggy. Winds will be light out of the Southwest at 5-10 mph. Scattered showers and thunderstorms could redevelop along outflow boundaries from the previous evening. It’s safe to grab the umbrella if you have any weekend plans to dodge hit those hit and miss storms.
Like and Follow on Social Media