(KTAB/KRBC) – Hector Guerrero with the National Weather Service is retiring after 33 of service, 19 of which have been at the San Angelo Bureau.
Here’s a look back at some of his coverage of major weather events across the Big Country:
- Strong Sunday storm brings season snowfall total to more than twice Abilene’s average
- Wet summer has Big Country wearing rainboots more than usual
- ‘Not in a panic yet, but getting there’: Farmers say crops delayed by Abilene’s 8th-wettest month ever
- National Weather Service, Abilene Emergency Coordinator offer severe weather safety tips
- Some Big Country farmers glad to see early freeze
- Winter weather causing Big Country residents to fire up heaters earlier than usual
- National Weather Service confirms tornado went through Abilene
- Zephyr community assessing damage from Tuesday’s tornado
- Why a ‘dangerous’ tornado warning was issued for San Saba County
KTAB and KRBC would like to thank Hector for dedication to documenting and forecasting our local weather!