(KTAB/KRBC) – A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect for much of the Big Country including Abilene and Taylor County for this evening through Thursday evening. Expect periods of rain today and possibly a rumble of thunder or two. Temperatures will fall this afternoon to about 34-35 degrees by 3:00pm.
As temperatures continue to fall tonight, expect rain, freezing rain, and sleet to occur. It will be cold and windy overnight with lows by Thursday morning around 28-30 degrees.
We are expecting to begin Thursday with a combination of snow, sleet, and freezing rain transitioning over to just snow after noon. High temperature on Thursday around 32-33 degrees. Wind chills on Thursday will be around 17-22 degrees with North winds 15-20 G30mph. We have a 60% chance for snow New Year’s Eve through midnight.
Ice accumulations are anticipated around 0.1” with 1”-3” snow possible.
Travel conditions could become difficult, especially Thursday morning through Friday morning.
- CDC: Young adults least likely to be vaccinated, losing interest in shots
- Tuesday, June 22, 2021: Pleasant today with hot weather returning tomorrow
- Unusually cool for summer weather
- Wake-Up Weather: A very nice morning will make for a pleasant afternoon with below average temperatures
- Organizers excited for return of Abilene Freedom Festival