BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a woman stole $6,000 worth of quarters and her getaway car was a baby stroller.
Bakersfield police officers noticed the woman Friday struggling to push the stroller but quickly realized there was no baby inside, according to the Bakersfield Californian .
Police discovered the quarters, which 29-year-old Darrin Fritz is alleged to have stolen from a home, the newspaper reported. Fritz allegedly tried to flee from the officers.
She was arrested on suspicion of burglary, possession of stolen property, possession of burglary tools, possession of methamphetamine, resisting arrest and two outstanding misdemeanor warrants.
A post on Twitter from the Bakersfield Police Department shows thousands of quarters in evidence bags.
It was not immediately clear if Fritz had an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
- Software to simplify COVID-19 vaccine enrollment now online in Abilene
- ACU tops New Mexico State in series opener
- Boys and Girls High School Playoff Basketball Scores
- ‘In it for the long haul,’ Biden says in response to Texas visit to learn about storm recovery
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release