(WDIV/NBC News) — A Michigan man is lucky to be alive after a steel beam crashed through his front windshield.
Johnnie Lowe, a father of three, thought his life was over when the steel beam came loose from the truck in front of him.
Lowe was driving a 26-foot box truck to Lansing on Thursday to pick up auto parts for DNC Logistics. He said a flatbed truck changed lanes when the steel beam fell off and hit the freeway.
“When it bounced, saw it was steel and said, ‘This is going down,’ braced myself,” he said.
The steel beam stopped inches from his chest.
CLICK HERE for more.
- Abilene man born on Leap Day prepares for birthday celebration
- Girl’s Regional Semifinals Scores and Highlights
- Boy’s Area Round Scores and Highlights
- Organization raising money for Abilene boy with terminal disease
- Large grass fire rips through Hawley putting residents and their homes in danger