MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) — Memphis police arrested a man accused of calling 911 dozens of times Wednesday – on one occasion offering appetizers to the police dispatcher.
Court documents say Huu Nguyen has called 911 approximately 1,171 times since July 15, 2020 without having an emergency. Nguyen called the department’s emergency line 241 times on September 1 and 32 times on September 2, records show.
During one of the calls on September 2, police say Nguyen asked dispatchers if they wanted to buy egg rolls and then hung up.
Police found Nguyen in a Memphis shopping center and took him into custody.
- View with caution: This may be America’s creepiest Halloween display
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Ohio mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in car, including ballot application