ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WSPA) – A North Carolina police force found a casket full of dirt and what officers believed to be cow manure at the front door of the police department Wednesday night.
Police say approximately 150 protesters gathered outside the municipal building, where Asheville Police and Asheville Fire Departments are co-located.
Protesters took to the streets in cities across the country after Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron announced earlier in the day that no officers would be directly charged in the death of Breonna Taylor.
Both were taken to the hospital. One officer is “alert and stable” and the other is in surgery, according to the interim police chief Robert Schroeder. Both are expected to recover.
Louisville police said they had a suspect in custody Wednesday evening.
- Heroes recognized at Abilene Police Department for saving lives
- City of Abilene says new smart meters providing accurate reads
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Eagles happy to have their coach back
- Cooper offensive line is growing up and opening holes