(NEXSTAR) – Red Lobster cooked up a hot new piece of fashion for the holidays, getting in on the ugly sweater trend with a unique twist that keeps more than just the wearer warm.
The low-cost seafood chain is famous for its cheddar bay biscuits, so they created an ugly holiday sweater which is not only decorated with biscuits, lobsters, shrimp and snowflakes, but also includes an insulated pouch meant to keep the flaky baked goods nice and warm.
Red Lobster is likely following the lead of other business trying to “go viral” with clothes and other items celebrating the brand in a unique way. The sweater is just one article in the restaurant’s new line of branded items that includes fanny packs, T-shirts and more.
The sweaters were on sale for around $40, but were available only “while supplies last,” according to the company. After they went on sale last Tuesday, they sold out within days. Despite pleas from fans, the company said there are no more sweaters available.
- 13th annual WesTex connect 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular adjusts to pandemic
- Brett Martin tests positive for coronavirus
- Police: Texas officers fatally shoot man who shot his wife
- Texas reports record number of new COVID-19 cases with 8,258
- 8-year-old boy killed, girl and 2 adults injured in shooting at Alabama mall