(WAVY) — Beginning Tuesday, the next 10 days on the calendar will read the same forwards and backwards.
This phenomenon, known as a palindrome, is typically used to describe words such as radar, wow and tenet. For the next week and a half (including Tuesday), the dates will look like this:
According to the website Time and Date, palindrome days are common in the “m-dd-yy” format for dates, which is commonly used in the United States.
Every year since 2011 has had 10 consecutive palindrome days. In fact, Time and Date says every century has nine years in which this happens in the “m-dd-yy” format.
The next time this happens — again, in the “m-dd-yy” format — will be 2111-2119, according to Time and Date.
Find more information about palindrome days at this link.
- Psychiatrist: Man accused of killing 6 controlled by voices
- Abilene man accused of raping woman behind gas station gets 99-year sentence repealed, new hearing underway
- Many US women say 1st sexual experience was forced in teens
- Abilene man convicted of murder for fatal 2018 robbery
- Acting CBP commissioner hails off-duty border agent a hero